- I lost my best friend-sister-cousin to cancer
- I was able to really step up for her when she was sick. (I am extremely grateful for the generosity and caring from my employers during that time.)
- The grieving process is lot like the Grand Canyon. You can't really appreciate the imensity, scope, and vastness of it until your standing in front of it.
- I lost a bunch of weight. No, this was not stress-related. This was a very conscious, present process.
- I am redefining who I am and my place in the world and chagrined to face my own judgements about fat and thin.
- I am continuing to find my own voice in my artwork and discovered that I just may actually have some talent.
- Nature - and life in general - can be messy, smelly, gorey, ugly, brutal, and in your face. And - it's not personal!
- For the most part I actually like my job.
- Although I started out this year a bit afraid of him, I think I understand Coyote a little better than before.
- Tatiana rocks!
- Life really is what happens when your busy making other plans.
- Everything is always changing.
- Skeletons aren't as scary as they used to be - especially when teaching you to surf.
- It's really OK to f-ck up. Really. It's OK.
- It is quite possible that rules really were made to be broken. Especially the ones in your head.
- These last two are intrinsically connected.
- Nothing is ever all good or all bad. Nothings is ever written in stone. There are no absolutes.
- Sometimes it's really best to say nothing at all.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Quite frankly - I'm glad to see this year come to a close. It's not been an easy one - but it has been heeeeeyuuuuge on the personal growth front. In an attempt to get my head around stuff, here are some things that have happened or I have learned in the past year: